For dessert tonight! Strawberry Rhubarb crumble
It’s too hot to turn the oven on- make it in the crock pot! Make this sweet crumble with local ingredients and top with yogurt or ice cream!
▪ about 2 cups of local rhubarb – cut in one inch pieces
( one long stalk or two short) & about 2 cups sliced local strawberries
▪ ¾ cup local maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch or 2 tbsp chai seeds
▪ 2 tablespoon water
Mix everything and throw in crock pot.
▪ 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon local maple syrup
▪ ½ teaspoon sea salt
▪ 5 tablespoons soft butter or coconut oil
▪ 1 1/4 cup rolled oats ( I used a rolled 4 grain blend of rye, oats, barley and quinoa from local The Soulful project)
▪ ⅔ cup local spelt flour or all purpose
▪ ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
▪ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
▪ ¼ teaspoons salt
▪ 1 cup sliced nut pieces (optional)
Mix and top the fruit in crockpot.
Let cook on low for 3 hours. Take top off and let sit for 20 minute to evaporate some of the liquid. Serve with cold ice cream!
Organic Strawberries & rhubarb from Hepworth Farms.
Maple syrup & Spelt flour from Lancaster Farm Fresh.